Privacy and Confidentiality of Information
The Human Rights Commission portal puts the confidentiality of the information of its users and visitors on top of its priorities. The portal administration makes every possible effort to provide high-quality services to all users. The privacy and confidentiality of information, as outlined below, forms an integral part of the terms and conditions for using the Human Rights Commission portal.
Visitors to the portal and beneficiaries of its services shall constantly review the terms and principles of privacy and confidentiality of information to be aware of any updates thereof, given that the portal administration is not under any obligation to announce any updates to these terms and principles. Your use of the portal shall mean that you have reviewed and agreed to these terms and principles and any amendments thereof. The Human Rights Commission shall under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, coincidental, consequential, special, or exceptional damages arising from using or inability to use this portal.
Security of Personal Information
The Privacy and Confidentiality of Information document has been drawn up to help visitors and users understand the nature of the data collected from them upon visiting the portal and the method to deal with it.
The portal administration takes appropriate procedures and measures to keep the personal information it receives secure and to ensure its protection from loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or unauthorized modification and disclosure. The most important measures applicable at the Commission to protect the visitor's personal information include:
Strict procedures and measures to protect the information security, in addition to our technique to prevent fraud and unauthorized access to our systems;
- Regular and periodic update of the procedures and controls of protection that meet or exceed standards;
- Our employees are qualified and trained to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of our visitors.
Collecting Personal Information
Upon the user’s visit to the Human Rights Commission portal, the Commission server registers the user's internet protocol (IP), the date and time of the visit, and the URL of any website that referred you to the Human Rights Commission portal.
Most websites, once they are visited, add a small file (known as "cookies”) to the visitor's hard disk drive (HDD). Cookies are text files containing information allowing the website that added them to recover such files when needed on the user’s next visit to the website. Such saved information includes:
- Remembering the username and password;
- Saving the page settings, if applicable on the portal;
- Saving the colors chosen by the user;
- Preventing the same user from repeating the voting.
The browser (visitor) may not need to enter the password on each visit as the website system will be able to detect it through the cookies. These cookies may also prevent the user from repeating the voting if he has previously voted, etc. Accordingly, the Human Rights Commission portal will use the information available in the cookies for its own technical purposes when visited more than once. The portal can also change the information contained in the cookies or add new information whenever you visit it.
If you use a direct application or send us an email via the electronic portal of the Human Rights Commission providing us with personal data, we may share the necessary data with other agencies or departments to serve you more effectively. However, we shall not share your personal information with non-governmental agencies unless they are authorized by the competent authorities to perform specific government services. By providing your personal information through the Human Rights Commission portal, you fully agree that such information may be stored, processed and used by the Saudi authorities. At all times, we reserve the right to disclose any information to the competent authorities when necessary to comply with any law or government requirement.
You are solely liable for the accuracy, correctness, and validity of the data that you send through this portal.
- Protecting your Privacy
- In order for us to be able to help you protect your personal information, we recommend the following:
- Contact us immediately when you suspect that someone has obtained your password, user code, PIN number, or any other confidential information;
- Never give your confidential information on the phone or online unless you know the identity of the person or the recipient of the information;
- Use a secure browser for conducting online transactions and close any unused applications on the web. Make sure that your antivirus software is always up to date;
- If you have any questions or opinions concerning the privacy principles, you can contact the portal administration via the contact form on the “Contact Us” page;
- To keep your personal data secure, the electronic storage and sent personal data are secured with appropriate security techniques;
- This portal may contain electronic links to websites or portals using methods to protect information and privacy other than the methods we use. We are not liable for the contents, methods and privacy of these other websites. We recommend that you to refer to the privacy policies of such websites.